My niece Lucy is one of the sweetest and most adorable little girl ever (i may be biased but i love her ). Today I surprised her when she came home from school and told her we were going to a special birthday lunch and she was sooo excited! We went to great harvest for lunch (its one of her favorite places), as we were driving there she was telling me all about her friends, riding the bus, her teacher, and her ballet class. As I looked at her in my mirror I thought to myself what happened to that shy little one year old I met almost five years ago? The sweet little girl with red ,crazy,curly hair that when I lived with her family would wait at the top of the stairs in the morning, and the second I heard her i would run up the stairs make her chocolate milk and pick that sweet little thing up and bring her down stairs. She would call Me "lassey" and help me put on my "mip" (make-up). I snapped out of my thoughts and as she finished talking I said," Lucy, I just love you. I'm so glad your my niece". She looked at me and said in the sweet little Lucy voice," Really? Well I love you more than all of the trees, your the best aunt ever". Happy 6th birthday Lucy Lu! I love you more than all of the trees and more. I so love the amazing family I married into.
No comments:
Post a Comment